Tuesday 22 June 2010

Stoned Henge











Being at a party in the middle of a stone age monument is a truly out of this world experience. For 4000 years the people of Britain have been celebrating the Solstice right there and to still be able to do so now is amazing. What an incredible way to be part of the nation's living history!

The only downside is a heavy police presence, but as you can see from the photographs, Glasgow Fran had her own way of dealing with too many coppers and commendably only handed the helmet back when seriously threatened with arrest.

I can't write anymore today. My words have been blasted away and as I sit here trying to think of some I'm listening to BBC Radio 6 on and all I can really think about is whether I will get to Glastonbury or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment